01 Nov A twist on Pad Thai
A twist on Pad Thai! A healthier version!
This one is SOOO GOOD! You will want to add this to your dinner menu this week! Meanwhile, think I may be hired for a cooking show after this one 😂😂😂 JUST KIDDING
Here are the ingredients to gather for this twist on pad thai:
1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
8 oz. Rice noodles
3 tablespoons SunButter
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
juice of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
2 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 inch ginger chopped
1 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup green onions for garnish
- Boil the noodles
- Heat water in a large saucepan. Add salt. Once it starts to boil, add noodles. Give it a quick stir and boil for 9-12 minutes (or as instructed in the packaging).
- Once it’s boiled, turn off the heat and drain. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and gently mix using 2 forks. This prevents the noodles from sticking.
- In a small bowl whisk the sauce ingredients, SunButter, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, lemon, maple syrup, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Add all the peanut sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Set a saute pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it’s hot, add ginger + garlic and stir-saute until golden, around 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushroom + broccoli and stir-saute for 1-2 minutes. Pour in 2 tablespoons of water. Cover the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the boiled noodles and peanut sauce. Gently fold and mix until the noodles are completely coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with green onions Serve hot or cold.
In a skillet heat 2 tbsp olive oil, sauté 4 cloves crushed garlic and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Add the shrimp and cook until opaque, squeeze ½ lemon over the top. Lay the shrimp on top of the rice noodle dish and serve!
Looking for additional ways to eat healthy and drop the excess fat for good? START HERE
Want more recipes? Talk to me on my Instagram HERE